Skip to main content

waiting for the verdict

The following is what I wrote in my notebook waiting at the Juvenile Center to find out what was going to happen with Josiah:


October 31, 2011


God is in control and I will keep reminding myself of that until I stop living on this earth. He is in control. I know this because I've given Him control. No matter how much I think life sucks or I feel like giving up, I know that He has an ultimate plan and it is in the works even now. All of this stuff is happening for a reason. And I will praise God in the middle of my pain. In the middle of my heartache and confusion and desperation, He is worthy of my adoration. He is worthy because He is God. He is my King. He is my Comforter. He is my Provider. He is my Healer. He is my Rock. He is my Salvation. He is my Lord. And just thinking about all that He is makes my soul leap for joy! It makes me want to proclaim His perfection to all of these sad and lost people sitting around me. Oh God, thank You for all of the wonderful things You have done, You are doing, and You will do in my life. Thank You for what You are creating in my kids' lives. I have faith that You are going to do great and mighty works in their lives. Use them to glorify Your kingdom and to lift You up. Use me to shine Your love and mercy in all the dark corners of my life. I want to radiate every ounce of myself with Your light. I pray that when others look at me, they are blinded by You. I want to be so full of Your presence that I can't hide You, no matter how hard I try. I don't want to hide You though. I want the world to know and feel all that I know and feel in You. I want my kids and husband to experience You the way that I do. And Lord, I want to experience You so much more. I crave so much more of You.


I am so blessed to be able to turn to God in times like these. I sometimes forget that He is there, waiting to take the burden. So I praise Him for gently nudging me on this occasion particularly. I challenge you to give whatever you're holding onto over to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. You can't do it alone, so why keep trying? It isn't easy, I'll be the first one to admit that. But it is necessary to live a satisfied life, to live a life worth living, to live the life you created for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Lakes Tour - Part 3

Welcome back to the final leg of our Great Lakes tour of 2018!  It has been such a blast to share these great vacation memories with everyone but I do have a disclaimer to add to this trip, and I probably should have included it in the other two posts as well. I may have cast Maria in a less than agreeable light during this trip. However, there was a good reason for it, even though at that time I only had slight suspicions. Maria was about two months pregnant with Giovanni at this time and was not feeling well at all, but was also trying to not let on about her "condition". So, with hindsight, I understand her crankiness. A side note to that disclaimer is that Ben is not mad in all of the pictures, he just tries intentionally to not smile in any picture. But no matter what, I still really enjoyed being able to take such a memorable trip with both of my youngest babies! So, lets wrap this trip up, shall we? Day 5: We packed up and began heading south through Ontario towards Ni...

What am I doing with my life?!

Here's a quick little update for those who have been asking about what's going on in my life: I moved back home to Michigan at the end of December, 2020. The plan was to beworking for a brand-new nonprofit that was going to be making temporary, movable medical stations for underserved communities around the world. One of the parts that made this extra exciting was that the first community was in Oaxaca, Mexico. This meant I was hired because of my nonprofit expertise AND my bilingual skills - SCORE! Plus, it was flat-out stated in my interview that I would be working from Mexico at times -DOUBLE SCORE! Well, since then, life happened. The boss has had several life-threatening health scares and is now likely never to return to work. This means that the nonprofit (his pet project) is indefinitely on the shelf, so to speak. He also owns a big exterior sign company and our office was within this business so I was offered a position as a project coordinator as a means of...well, pay...

The Great Lakes Tour - Part 1

 In 2018 I planned the trip of a lifetime. Ok, well, kinda. For me, it was a pretty cool trip. For Maria, not so much. But regardless, Maria, Ben, and I headed out on the road in mid-May. The plan was to visit each of the five Great Lakes in one trip. This was especially exciting for me because I had never seen Lake Ontario...AND we were going to visit Niagara Falls in the process...somewhere else I had never visited before.  So, I guess I should probably preface this post by explaining that I am a Michigander by birth. I was born and raised in southwest Michigan and most of my family trips as a kid involved somewhere in the gorgeous state. But even more than that, we Michiganders have an abundance of state pride. And part of state pride is pride of the Great Lakes. I mean, we are the Great Lake state, after all.  My kids, however, are Hoosiers through and through. Even though all of my kiddos were born in Michigan except Ben, they were all raised in Indiana (well, except...